The challenge that this project presented me with revolved around my lack of front-end knowledge. Early during my career as a web developer my day to day revolved around doing back-end work, so in order to challenge myself and understand the full picture, I decided to go the extra mile and get to work with and familiarize myself with the various front-end tools and libraries out there.
This latest version of the website is generated by the static site generator 11ty. To aid in code organization, I used the tea-stack project template made by Matt Waler. It comes pre-configured with Tailwind CSS, Eleventyjs, and Alpinejs. It follows ARIA accessibility guidelines as well as utilizing a colorblind friendly color pallette. Finally, hosting is being handled via GitHub pages.
The following is a list of the various roles that I assumed during the development of this project:
- Lead Developer
- Lead Designer
- Lead Maintainer